Please read the following message from our Board President, Wanda Horner-Carlson.
Hello, dear Unity North Congregation!
In order to stay up to date with Unity Worldwide Ministries’ (UWM) proposed bylaws, modern technology and current world events, your board appointed a committee to review and update the Unity North Spiritual Center (UNSC) bylaws. Those serving on the committee were Rev. Kathy, Board Vice President Martha Burckhardt, and myself.
UWM created a template for Unity congregations to use, and this made our job much easier! The template allows us to incorporate the same format as fellow Unity congregations but adapt them to meet the unique needs of UNSC. Below are the significant changes from our prior bylaws and/or variations from the UWM template:
- Addition of a Youth Membership program;
- Allowance of all communications to be delivered by means of postal mail or electronically;
- Allowance of all meetings and voting to be conducted in person and/or by electronic means;
- Changing the fiscal year to follow the calendar year;
- Changing the annual meeting to the first quarter of each year (due to above calendar change);
- Changes to notification timeframes to better meet the needs of a congregation the size of ours;
- Establishment and duties of a Nomination Committee for Board member elections.
Download a copy of the new bylaws here. We will be voting on adopting these bylaws at the Annual Meeting (via Zoom) on November 8, 2020, at 12:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend, but only members will be able to vote on these proposed bylaws changes. I hope to see you there!
Here is the Zoom link for the annual meeting:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 972 8199 2806
If you want to connect by phone for audio only, dial:
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)