The Five Spiritual Teachings of Unity
- God is absolute good, everywhere present.
- Human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ spirit within. Their very essence is of God, and therefore they are also inherently good.
- Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
- Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing prosperity and everything good.
- Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called Truth, is not enough. A person must also live the truth that he or she knows.
(from Keys to the Kingdom)
What Unity teaches about YOU...
- God intends that you be deeply satisfied, prosperous, and healthy.
- God speaks directly to you from within yourself. We are all learning day by day to hear that voice more clearly.
- True spirituality guides and enriches your life seven days a week, not just while you are in spiritual services.
- Spiritual services and activities are intended to add to your joy and to provide comfort during times of healing. You should not leave with feelings of guilt or burden.
- You are an acceptable person just as you are right now. When you feel a need to be forgiven, God's Love is yours for the asking)
- Your own prayer, study, and work will be lovingly supported by the presence of loving, excited persons within our community.