Overview: The Honoring Our Past, Creating Our Future process brings the entire Unity North Spiritual Center community together to share their story and to begin to see the ways they have created identity, continuity, meaning, and purpose as they orient themselves to present circumstances and future possibilities. The process supports them in becoming aware of how their story has been compelling, limiting, wounding—or freeing. By understanding their story as the rich framework for their life orientation, the Unity North Spiritual Center community discovers that they are greater than their story.
- To honor the sacredness of this transitional time in the life of Unity North Spiritual Center.
- To provide support for the ministry as it moves through the transformative integration of the past with future possibilities.
- To assist the congregation to move lovingly and effectively through this time of change and openness to future possibilities.
Key Tasks: Co-create Our Future by:
- Honoring the Past,
- Healing the Present,
- Defining Current Identity,
- Empowering and Expanding Our Leadership Base,
- Strengthening Unity Connections.
Saturday, February 17
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Lunch plans are in progress and will be announced closer to the event.
About the Facilitator
Rev. Dr. Steve Colladay, an ordained Unity minister, is a certified ministry skills and transitional consultant for the central office of Unity Worldwide Ministries in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. He has served as a senior minister for 21 years in 4 Unity ministries, 3 years as a transitional ministry specialist, and 15 years as a church growth consultant. Steve has been a regional Unity board of trustees member in 3 regions—south central, southeast, and northwest Unity regions, as well as sub-regions in Dallas and UMASS (southeastern states). Steve is a pianist, composer and a producer of programs for stress management and mental conditioning techniques for veterans, first responders (police, fire, EMS), and athletes. An avid marathon runner, he has completed 29 marathons and four 36-mile ultra-marathons. email@example.com